What are some common sports injuries?
Some of the most common injuries in sports involve:
- Foot and ankle Injuries - include sprains and strains, ankle fractures, and Achilles tendinitis.
- Shoulder Injuries - caused by overuse of shoulder while playing sports.
- Hip Injuries – Because the hip joint bears more weight it is more susceptible to fractures of the femur bone, labral tear, and hip dislocation.
- Knee Injuries – Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) tears are the most common injuries in high-impact sports such as football or soccer.
What are the most common treatments for injury?
The most common treatment recommended for an injury is the RICE method. This means:
- Rest to avoid aggravating the injury, stop the activities that may cause injury.
- Ice applied to the injured area to diminish swelling and pain.
- Compression of the injured area with elastic wraps and splints can help to reduce swelling.
- Elevating the injured area above heart level will reduce swelling and pain.
Dr. Khan has extensive experience in treating many different injuries that occur through sports. It should be noted that fractures, tears, dislocations, and blunt force trauma injuries should be treated immediately to avoid further damage.
What services are offered for personal injury?
Dr. Khan is a leader in diagnosing and treating personal injuries either at work, play, or home. Services include:
- Trigger Point Injections
- Steroid Injections
- Dry Needling
- Medical Acupuncture